Search all titles Search all collections. Your Account Logout.
- Bones of the Lost (Temperance Brennan, Book 16)!
- Economic Development and Forest Cover: Evidence from Satellite Data;
- Discussion and Conclusions.
- Ergebnisse der physiologie biologischen chemie und experimentellen pharmakologie!
- Death of a Chimney Sweep (Hamish Macbeth Series #27)?
- IUFRO: IUFRO – Interconnecting Forests, Science and People.
- Since When Is Fran Drescher Jewish?: Dubbing Stereotypes in The Nanny, The Simpsons, and The Sopranos?
The Global Economics of Forestry. By William F. Edition 1st Edition.
First Published First Published Imprint Routledge. Pages pages.
Export Citation. Get Citation.
Hyde, W. Despite the generally small contribution of the sector as a formal employer, some studies estimate that the number of jobs attributable to forestry could be much larger and that these figures are likely to be a vast underestimate of the true levels of employment in forestry. In terms of the level of employment, different tendencies have been registered worldwide during the last years.
With few exceptions the number of workers in the sector declined in Europe and North America, and increased in Latin America and Asia. Decline has taken place due to rise in the productivity and substitution of labour for machinery.